Galway GAA have establised an IT subcommittee, the function of which is as follows:
• Ensure that the IT systems and infrastructure available to GAA members at all GAA venues, locations and offices are reliable, secure and fit for purpose.
• Reduce the amount of time spent by volunteers, officials and staff on administrative tasks.
• Ensure that IT Services are leveraged to their maximum potential and that the Association’s investment in IT systems is fully utilised.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and adherence to best practice.
• Increase the understanding that the Association has of its members and patrons and to analyse the ways in which they engage in GAA activities.
• Provide mechanisms to communicate effectively and provide relevant information to GAA Units and members.
• Ensure information and key digital records (i.e. match footage, minutes, etc.) are managed and maintained for future reference by all units.
• Support, advise and help all units within the GAA on all IT related matters.