Traffic Management Advice
TIPPERARY – v GALWAY
Allianz Hurling League Final
SUNDAY 23RD April 2017
Throw In 3.30pm
Preceded by Camogie League Division 1 Final
CORK – v - KILKENNY – Thrown In 1.30pm
The following is the Garda Traffic Management Advice to cater for the above event which is deemed a Category “A” Event with notice of road closures as follows: -
Closures / Diversions:
Road Diversions / Closures will likely apply from 12.00 noon onwards at the following locations;
• Ennis Road at its junction with Ivan’s Cross, Caherdavin, Limerick – Traffic will be diverted onto the Northern Ring Road and towards Clonmacken;
• Ennis Road at its junction with Sarsfield Bridge – traffic will be diverted along Clancy Strand and O’Callaghan’s Strand;
• Roundabout at Salesian School, Fernbank (Off Condell Road) – traffic will not be permitted to travel onto North Circular Road or onto Shelbourne Road;
• Shelbourne Road / Hassett’s Cross – traffic will not be permitted to travel up Shelbourne Road;
• Old Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Drive;
• Old Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Upper;
• Old Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Upper & LIT Roundabout (Merval Park).
Shannon Bridge, Sarsfield Bridge and Thomond Bridge will be open to 2-way Traffic at all times. Traffic travelling outbound and inbound on the N7 and N18 (this includes Shannon Airport traffic) can expect delays owing to extra volumes.
Bus travel for patrons attending this event is recommended and where used their parking will be facilitated is so far as possible. Where a private car is used, patrons attending are strongly advised to park in City centre car parks and avail of Bus or Taxi services to the grounds from the City Centre.
GENERAL TRAFFIC ARRANGEMENTS:
1. No general vehicle parking spaces are available within the Gaelic Grounds and vehicle access to the grounds (this includes access for vehicles with special needs) is limited by Pass Only issued by GAA Management. Parking restrictions will be in place at/near the grounds. Vehicles found in breach are liable to be ticketed or impounded.
2. Road Closures will not apply to Local Residents or those with Official Passes. Any queries in relation to Road Closures can be directed to Mayorstone Garda Station at 061 – 456980 or Henry Street Garda Station at 061 – 212400.
GENERAL ADVICE TO PATRONS:
The Garda advice to all patrons attending this event on the 23rd April 2017 (if not using private bus/shuttle or other service) is to arrive early and avail of street/multi-storey parking in the City centre areas. Patrons can either walk out to the grounds or avail of Public Transport or Taxi service.
Patrons parking in the Clonmacken / Condell Road & Caherdavin areas are advised to do so legally and to expect delays in these areas and across Limerick City in general following the game.
Patrons crossing any of the Bridges in the City to park their vehicles nearer the Gaelic Grounds can expect traffic delays on their home journeys and are advised to park in the City and not cross the Bridges in the City.
Patrons are also reminded that Parking of Cars on any Green Areas in the City, particularly in the Clonmacken and Caherdavin areas is NOT PERMITTED and there is Signage in these areas. Offending Drivers are liable to have their cars ticketed or towed.
Please do not leave any property – bags/mobile phones or other valuables in your vehicle.